Sink to Rise [POEM]



via Commaful
The anchor of anxiety weighs me down,
Under its Herculean pressure, I drown,
Looking back at the mistakes I frown;
For stupidity, if there was a crown,
On my head, it would aptly lay down.

Ship of my aspirations will sink,
Nothing will stay but this ink,
All will be over in a blink,
Can't care about what others think,
When my ship is filled to the brink.

In my own ship, I have dug a hole,
I am the reason for my misery sole,
Eternal damnation, into which I fall,
From all perils and snare, I appall,
The error is mine as far as I recall.

This fall is not the eternal end,
Its a cue to introspect, I apprehend,
With the norms of society, I blend,
In solitude and symphony my life I mend,
Your support is all I need, my friend.

Like a Phoenix, from my ashes, I will rise,
Not everything that sinks dies,
Hope is easily found in those eyes,
Whose beholder has a mind so wise,
Hopes so high, it extends beyond skies. 

To the same mistake, I will never fall prey,
Impostors and  flatterers, I will keep at bay,
Enemies and foes, I will slaughter and slay, 
If someone comes in my way, how dare they,
For their safety and security, I hope they pray!

Copyright - Incompetent Geniuses

-Samvram Sahu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Space : The Enigma of modern relationships

The Valiant Venture to Varkala

The Prelude to Courage