The Black Cat (BC) Analogy

There is nothing more flabbergasting (click on the word to know more) than finding an appealing analogy between what you observe and what you feel. Some argue that it is our feeling that drives our inferences from these observations to concur with our feelings, however this strange connection between two unconnected things is utterly a pleasant finding. I shall divide this post into two sections, the observation and its corresponding analogy.

Observation (निरीक्षा)

I am blessed with the company of two cats, one is golden brown and another one is pure black. The golden brown cat however has a mate which is completely white in color. 

In a dimly lit evening when I went to feed my cats, I was astonished to see the white cat hissing at nothing. If you are an avid cat fan, you will probably know that the cat is angry or not by looking at it, and believe me I could see the white cat getting mad at something.

Cat face off
 It took me sometime for my pupils to adjust to the poor lighting which was the unchangeable curse of Nyx. I could see my old black cat fighting with the white cat. I will never know what they were fighting over, but when they sensed me, both of them started wagering their fluffy tails, looking at me for food.

Analogy (उपमिति)

  • The Black Cat bears correspondence to our improprieties, our vices.
  • The White Cat bears resemblance to our integrity.
With this simple analogy in mind, I would like to point out these striking facts that left me with an epiphany:
  1. Just like the case of dark background where the black cat couldn't be seen and I thought Mr. White had gone rogue, in life there are times where wrong activities seem right, however it is merely an illusion due to improper surrounding, we need to leave our vices. The absence of right, does not make wrong to be right.
  2. How we act or behave depends on what we think, in our sub conscious we have these two cat like figures, constantly arguing over the another making decisions which in a way effect our destiny. Choosing between right or wrong, decides your destiny.
  3. When the cats saw me, they both presented themselves in a very good manner, this has striking resemblance with the fact that sometimes both the good and bad paths in our lives look equally appealing. A path more appealing, might not always be the good path.
  4. Finally, which cat wins a fight? It is the one you feed more. This is very similar to real life, where if you keep doing good you feed the white cat and it makes it easier for it to defeat the black one. What you want to become, is what you should chose for.
I will leave the reader with these few analogies I pondered today. If you feel I missed something or I need to add something, feel free to type in below in the comments section.

P.S. :
Q: Why do cats behave the unique way they do?
A: According to Arnab Karmakar, it is because "they are both the predator and the prey".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Valiant Venture to Varkala

Personal Space : The Enigma of modern relationships

The Prelude to Courage